Vietnam Visa Expert

Tiếng Việt Tiếng Việt    English English

Work Permit » New Work Permit

Expats can either apply for a work permit from within Vietnam, or from abroad with the help of their employer or a contracted visa agency. Those applying from within Vietnam will need to do so within 90 days of arrival, as the government only grants a three month period during which expats can live and search for job opportunities in the country without a permit.

Criteria to be eligible for a work permit for Vietnam

·         Expats must be 18 years of age or older

·         Expats must be physically fit to work

·         Expats applying to local companies must be either managers or executives, or must have an area of technical expertise not present in the Vietnam labour market 

·         Expats must not have a previous conviction for infringement of national security, must not be facing examination of penal liability and must not be serving a criminal penalty as prescribed by Vietnamese or foreign law.

There is a fee for submitting a work permit application and, depending on the contract, work permits can be valid for up to three years.

Dossiers of application for work permit are as below: 

A. Documents and information workers be provided :

- Bachelor Degree (OR the 5 year working experience certificate if you donot have the bachelor degree) was legalized at the foreign affair and then legalized at the Vietnam embassy.

Note: If you want to get a teacher work permit you must have an English CELTA, TESOL or TEFL Certified.

- (foreign Criminal record) Judicial CV record was legalized at the foreign affair and then legalized at the Vietnam embassy

- The (Vietnam Criminal record) Judicial CV issued by the Viet Nam authority -> Sunviet will help you to get it.

- Medical certificate issued by one of these clinics: at the people 115 Hospital and Van Hanh hospital, Cho Ray Hospital, Thong Nhat Hopital or other province hospital. Validation of medical certificate less than 06 months

B. Company documents to provide:

Copy of certificates investment, business registration, representative office –notarized by the government officer

C. Activities of Sunviet consultant law firm:

Translate and notarize all legalized papers

- Prepare the application dossier for work permit; Judicial CV record

- On behalf of Sunviet Travel submit and receive work permit

The reference cost for this service will be usd 250 per person (subject to change)

Working time: 90 days  

Note: When you have a work permit you can process the temporary residence card accordingly (the validity of the temporary residence card is the same with your work permit). 

Please contact with us if you need any more information.


4th Floor (Room. 405), Lam Giang Tower, 167-173 Tran Hung Dao st, Co Giang Ward, Dist 1, Hochiminh City

- HA NOI Capital: 02nd Floor (R. 204), 18 Building - Yen Ninh Street, Ba Dinh District.
Tel: +84 8 2237 4842

Fax: +84 8 3559 2801

Mail to:

Mail to: General email:

Website:  //

Hotline:  84 912 565 368


Recommended on

  • trip advisor
  • lonely planet
  • travel blog
  • travel fish
  • Travelocity
  • Facebook
5th Floor, Lam Giang Tower, 167-173 Tran Hung Dao st,
Co Giang Ward, Dist 1, Hochiminh City

5th Floor (Office Building), 18 No - Yen Ninh Street, Ba Dinh District.


Tel : (+84 28) 2 2 374 842
Mail :
Hotlines: (+84) 912 565 368